Skin care includes sun protection and should also include gentle cleansing.
It is not hard to do basic skin care at home that will keep your skin looking young and also help prevent skin problems. Healthy lifestyle choices will also help delay the natural aging process.
Here are five easier tips you can follow at home: -
1. Protect your skin from the sun
Taking care in the sun in omve of the best ways to take care of your skin. Sun exposure can wrinkles, freckles, age spots and dry skin. Exposure to UV rays can also cause skin cancers such as Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Please consider the following when in the sun: -
- Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Always cover up you skin. Tightly woven long sleeved shirts and pants are best and always wear a hat (preferrably one with a wide brim).
- Use a sunscreen such as Curasol. Curasol contains Curaderm BEC5 so it will also help protect you from getting skin cancer as well as help stop your skin from burning when in the sun. Reapply your sunscreen every two hours or after heavy sweating or being in water.
2. Do not smoke
Smoking damages collagen and elastin which your skin needs for strength and elasticity. Smoking will also make your skin look old and contribute to wrinkles as smoking will narrow the blood vessels in the outer layer of skin. When your blood vessels narrow, it depletes the skin of oxygen as well as nutrients, such as vitamin A which your skin needs to be healthy.
3. Be gentle with your skin
Cleansing and shaving everyday day can take it our of your skin, so be gentle to your skin: -
- Hot water when having a long shower or bath will remove the natural oils from your skin. You should limit your bath or shower time and only usee warm instead of hot.
- Strong soaps and cleansers can also strip your skin of natural oils. Make sure you choose a mild cleansers.
- Protect and lubricate your skin during shaving by appling shaving cream or gel before you shave.
- After washing pat or blot your skin dry so some moisture remains on your skin. Find a moisturiser that suits your skin and makes your skin feel soft and fresh.
4. Eat a healthy diet
Eating a healthy diet will help you feel your best. It can also help your skin look its best. Eating a diet rich in vitamin C, low in fats and carbohydrates will help promote younger looking skin.
5. Manage the things that stress you out
Stress can make your skin more sensitive. It can contribute to acne breakouts and other skin problems. Take theses steps to help minimise your stress. Set reasonable goals and make time to do the things you enjoy.